Meigle, Parish Church
Meigle Parish Church. The church was re-built in 1870 after fire destroyed the pre-Reformation stone church of 1431. Charles and his twin brother William, children of David DALGAIRNS and Beatrix LAING, were baptised in the church in 1779. Charles married Charlotte DALGAIRNs from Newtyle, Angus, possibly his cousin, and their daughters, Agnes, Betty and Magdaline, were baptised in Meigle between 1805 and 1809.
Photo by Andrew Wood. (CC BY-SA 2.0)